The Project Manager will organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organization’s research, development, and product implementation efforts.
- Oversees a team of managers and analysts to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
- Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Project Management or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of hands-on construction experience.
- Experience with construction related to Federal and government contracts.
- Professional Engineer Certification (civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering).
- Construction contracts experience
- Experience scheduling.
- Experience with Primavera P6.
- Provide project execution guidance throughout the end-to-end project lifecycle with the ability to assess potential construction workarounds to avoid project slips
- Develop and maintain a log of common construction means and methods workarounds
- Maintain project comparative productivity analysis using EVM (earned value measurement)
- Assist project teams to develop risk assessments. and develop the General Contractor’s on-boarding requirements.
- Develop requirements for improved field execution and delivery across schedule, productivity, and cost assist with assessing construction durations for IMS (Integrated Master Schedules) and develop improved, innovative approaches to construction standard means and methods leadership responsibility of three groups: project managers, primary engineers and secondary engineers
- Assign resources to tasks, prioritize in case of conflict and assure continuous improvement of execution processes
- Keep overview of all running projects, manage cost/risk assessment and issue regular project status summary report to executives
- Recognize and steer additional sales opportunities, minimize risks and maximize synergies
- Coordinate and drive optimization of inter-departmental activities, manage interphase with other departments (sales, SCM, production etc.)
- Manage problem escalation in projects and network with peer head of execution to ensure common process and best practice sharing
- Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
For further questions feel free to contact our HR Department.