Federal Experience a plus
Building a career at Lunacon Construction may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector works projects from $10 to $50 million to ensure Lunacon is a responsive bidder. Experience in local, State and Federal, Government entities, servicing institutions, Industrial, Educational, Aerospace, and Medical facility projects a plus
Essential Job Accountabilities
• Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
• Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
• Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid.
• Create and/or foster a quality culture that recognizes the affect of quality on all operations, and takes steps necessary to provide a product or service that is a source of pride for our workers, and pleasing to our customers
• Review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
• Utilize existing cost history as a check to complete estimate.
• Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
• Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
• Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job and critical means and methods of construction.
• Supervise, direct, and mentor estimating staff to ensure individual development and
Granite standards are met.
• Participate in and/or lead Design-build preconstruction services to ensure a high quality, competitive estimates and schedules.
• Participate in and/or lead means and method discussions, being the catalyst to drive creative thinking and innovative ideas that distinguishes a successful estimate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business
Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
• Relevant experience in the Highway and Safety Improvement industry is a plus
• 10+ years estimating experience
• Prior management experience required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, etc.), P6 Scheduling software.
• Advanced knowledge of Estimating software.
• Advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles.
• Advanced knowledge of construction principles and equipment capabilities.
• Advanced project estimator skills that include performing engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Application
Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineering and vendors
• Thorough understanding of all 16 CSI divisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard.
The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
• Team player
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
• Travel to other regions in the country for IP/JV bidding opportunities which require air travel and overnight stays