Lunacon Construction Group has an exceptional opportunity for a Accounting manager to establish themselves with a growing company offering the potential for future personal growth and leadership opportunities. Lunacon is a growing construction company looking for a self-driven talented construction accountant who has the drive for growth.
• Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
• Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
o To provide management and financial accounting support for the organization which includes taking responsibility for the entries on the general ledger including reconciliations and completing detailed reviews of the profit and loss account on the company accounting system.
o Assisting with budgeting and forecasting.
o Managing relationship with external stakeholders, ensuring that appropriate reports and documentations are submitted to and are updated with the IRS.
o Managing the company’s financial affairs and general book keeping.
o Daily monitoring and management of several company bank accounts.
o Assistance with preparation of annual tax returns and other regulatory submissions.
o Effective management of a projects budget.
o Ensuring that the accounting process complies with the law.
o Providing accurate, understandable, timely information that supports your management decisions, including analysis and recommendations.
o Overseeing bookkeepers in the firm (if any) and setting up and monitoring the accounting system and interpreting the data from the bookkeeper’s activities.
o Apply required construction accounting standards and procedures to the recording and reporting of construction activity
o Set up jobs, budget control, subcontracts, and change orders in accounting software.
o Work closely with Construction Project Managers from beginning to end of project to ensure receivables and payables are handled properly and timely accounted for.d.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
• Ten years or more of related experience required.
. 5 years or more in construction accounting
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Able to travel as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year